Mental illness is a growing problem in Bangladesh. According to a recent study, one in four people in Bangladesh suffers from some form of mental illness. The study also found that mental illness is Bangladesh’s leading cause of disability.
Mental hospitals in Bangladesh are overcrowded and understaffed. The government runs the majority of mental health facilities in Bangladesh. These facilities are often underfunded and lack the proper patient care resources.
Patients in mental hospitals in Bangladesh often suffer from neglect and abuse. They are usually held in crowded and unsanitary conditions. They often do not receive the treatment they need.
Mental health care in Bangladesh is in dire need of improvement. The government needs to invest more resources into mental health care. Mental health facilities must be better staffed and equipped to provide proper patient care.
Government Mental Hospital
There are many government hospitals in Dhaka, but which one is the best? Patients and their families often ask this question. In this blog post, we will take a look at the best government hospital in Dhaka based on various factors such as quality of care, facilities, and staff. We hope this information will help you decide which hospital to choose for your healthcare needs.
How to Choose the Best Government Mental Hospital in Dhaka?
There are many government hospitals in Dhaka, so choosing the best one can be daunting. Here are some tips to help you choose the best government hospital in Dhaka:
1. Do your research: Before deciding, it is important to do your research and compare different hospitals. Consider factors such as location, quality of care, and cost.
2. Ask for recommendations: If you know someone who has recently been to a government hospital in Dhaka, ask for their opinion and recommendations.
3. Consider your needs: When choosing a hospital, it is important to consider your own needs and requirements. For example, if you have a specific medical condition, you may want to choose a hospital that has experience and expertise in treating that condition.
4. Get multiple opinions: Once you have narrowed down your options, getting multiple opinions from different sources is a good idea. This will help you make an informed decision.
Government Mental Health Facilities in Dhaka:
The government of Bangladesh has been investing in mental health facilities in Dhaka in recent years. This is a positive development, as mental health is often overlooked in developing countries. Mental health facilities in Dhaka are now better equipped to deal with the mental health needs of the city’s residents.
The government has set up mental health facilities in several different parts of Dhaka. Qualified mental health professionals staff these facilities, and they can provide a range of services to patients. The government is also training mental health workers in other parts of the country to better understand and deal with mental health issues.
The government’s investment in mental health is a welcome development, and it is hoped that it will improve the mental health of the people of Bangladesh.
Government Hospital List in Dhaka
- Dhaka Medical College Hospital, Address: Ramna, Central Shaheed Minar Area, Bakshi Bazar, Dhaka – 1000
- Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College and Hospital, Address: Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207
- National Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Address: Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207. Phone: +880258153975 (Telephone)
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University Hospital, Address: Shahbag, Dhaka-1000, Dhaka 1000
- National Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedic Rehabilitation (NITOR), Address: Sayed Mahbub Morshed Rd, Dhaka 1207
- বাংলাদেশ শিশু হাসপাতাল ও ইন্সটিটিউট, Address: Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207
Private Mental Hospital
The private mental hospitals in Dhaka are a much-needed addition to Bangladesh’s mental health care system. The private hospital will provide much-needed care and treatment to those with mental illness and help reduce the stigma associated with mental illness in Bangladesh. The hospitals will also provide employment opportunities for mental health professionals in Bangladesh.
How to Choose the Best Private Mental Hospital in Dhaka?
In Dhaka, there are many private mental hospitals to choose from. How do you know which is best for you or your loved one? Here are some factors to consider when making your decision:
- The hospital’s accreditation: Ensure the Bangladesh Psychiatric Association accredits the hospital.
- The hospital’s staff: Meet with the staff and get a feel for their expertise and bedside manner.
- The hospital’s facilities: Take a tour of the facility and ensure it meets your standards.
- The hospital’s reputation: Read online reviews and talk to people who have been patients at the hospital.
Keep these factors in mind when choosing a private mental hospital in Dhaka, and you’ll be sure to find the best one for your needs.
Private Mental Health Facilities in Dhaka:
In Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh, several private mental health facilities provide care for those suffering from mental illness. These facilities offer various outpatient, inpatient, and day treatment services.
The mental health facilities in Dhaka offer a much-needed service for the city’s residents. mental illness is a serious issue that can often be ignored or misunderstood. These facilities provide a safe and supportive environment for those suffering from mental illness to get the treatment they need.
The services offered at the mental health facilities in Dhaka can be very helpful for those suffering from mental illness. If you or someone you know suffers from mental illness, please consider seeking help at one of these facilities.
Private Mental Hospital List and Location in Dhaka:
Following is a list of the private mental hospital in Dhaka.
- Modern Psychiatric Hospital (Pvt.), Address: Gate No. 1, Dhaka 1215, Phone: 01711-662709
- Bangladesh Psychiatric Care Ltd. Address: Suit # 6020, Shimanto Shambhar Shopping Complex Complex 6th Floor, Dhaka, Dhanmondi Road No 2, adjacent to Simanto Square Shopping Center, Dhaka 1205, Phone: 09604-604604
- SIBL Foundation Hospital & Diagnostic Center Address: Fattah Plaza, 70, Green Road, Panthapath Moor, Dhaka – 1205
- Bangladesh OCD center Appointment, Hotline Number: 01681006726 222/1B, South Pirerbag, Amtola Moor, Mirpur-2, Dhaka -1216
- Niramoy Hospital, Address: 13, 19 Babar Rd, Dhaka 1207, Phone: 02-9145987
- New Mukti Clinic, Address: 7th Floor, A K Complex, 19 Green Rd, Dhaka 1205, Phone: 01711-200720
- Mukti Mental Hospital, Address: Rajdhani Complex, New Elephant Rd, Dhaka 1205, Phone: 01714-533217
- Dhaka Monorog Clinic, Address: House No 13, Dhaka 1216., Phone: 01841-448889
- Brain and Mind Hospital, Address: 149/A, Dhaka 1215, Phone: 01766-622273
- Insight Psycho-social Care and Research, Address: 71/1 Pioneer Road, Segunbagicha, Dhaka, 1000, Phone: 01834-623022
- Safe House Mental Hospital, Address: Rd No. 3, Dhaka 1207, Phone: 01712-312429
In summary, a survey of over 100 patients shows that the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) Hospital is the best mental hospital in Dhaka. According to the patients, the best thing about this hospital is its location on Shahbag. This is the best hospital in Bangladesh for psychiatric treatment.